We are so excited to be back dancing in-studio with all our BPDS dancers this season!
As the pandemic protocols on a state and local level continue to evolve, we have established our current Elite COVID-19 protocols based on the information provided to us from our local Board of Health and government officials as of today to keep everyone in our BPDS family safe and dancing.
Please know that these protocols will likely evolve and be amended throughout the year. Updates will be emailed, posted on social media (Instagram & Facebook) as well as updated on our website under COVID Policies. Know that our priority will always be the safety and health of our dancers and their families as we amend and review these policies throughout the year. Please feel free to reach out to our office if you have any questions after reading through these policies. All policies are mandatory for families, dancers, and staff to follow to attend Elite this season.
General BPDS Facility Policies:
- Students must bring their own water. The bubbler will be closed until further notice.
- The studio lobby is closed until further notice to all parents and family members.
- Dancers upon arrival will stop at a “sanitation station” to utilize our provided hand sanitizer, will sanitize their hands in between classes, and upon exit when their classes are complete.
- Dancers must arrive to the studio in their dance attire. No changing areas will be open for dancers.
- Bathrooms are open, however, if your dancer is attending only one class, we recommend utilizing the restroom before arriving at BPDS.
- Dancers are allowed to bring one small dance bag that includes only what they need for dance class. Please no stuffed animals, toys, “show & tell” items, etc.
- Bathrooms and general studio areas will be sanitized once per hour. The dance studio rooms will be fully sanitized in between each class. Tumbling mats will be sanitized between each class as well as ballet barres.
Pick Up Drop Off Procedures:
- Dancers must be dropped off at the front entrance, socially distanced and wearing their mask. Dancers will be taken into the studio to their respective class with an BPDS staff member all while still socially distancing. Parent must stay with their dancer outside until brought into studio (If they are under the age of 9).
- For pick up, you will be given a 15-minute pickup time window (this time window will be specified to you at registration). Please do not be late. An BPDS staff member will dismiss each class to their parent or guardian. It is the parent or guardians responsibility to be present when the class is being dismissed.
- The family member who is dropping off and/or picking up the dancer must wear a face covering while socially distancing. No exceptions.
- Parents cannot wait in the studio. You must wait in your vehicle or return at time of drop off.
BPDS Student & Staff Policies:
- Dancers or staff experiencing any health/wellness symptoms should not attend class and immediately notify the front office. If they begin to experience symptoms once at BPDS, a parent will be notified for immediate pick up, and any areas where the dancer or staff member has been will be emptied and sanitized immediately. Symptoms include:
- Cough/shortness of breath
- Excessive sneezing
- Abnormal fatigue
- Stomach upset
- Dancers or staff who have been exposed to a positive person positive must self-quarantine for 10 days from the date of exposure. Dancers and staff are not allowed to return to BPDS until the 10-day quarantine period is over and they receive a negative test after that quarantine period. Dancers and staff may not return also until they are symptom free.
- Dancers and staff with a family member that lives in their household who has been exposed to a known or presumed positive COVID-19 person must follow the same self-quarantine procedure above. If the possible exposure ends up being negative, your dancer is able to return immediately.
- Dancers and staff who have traveled outside Massachusetts or has been exposed to someone who has traveled outside Massachusetts must follow the state guidelines. The Massachusetts COVID-19 travel order information can be found at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
- All BPDS Faculty will wear a face covering while in the studio teaching. Dancers are required to wear a mask as well in the studio and during class unless they have a bonafide medical exemption. Parents are required to wear a mask for pick up and drop off if outside their vehicle.
- If there is a COVID-19 positive exposure at BPDS, we will notify all BPDS dancers who were in close contact with the positive person as soon as possible. During that time the studio may need to be closed in order to be fully sanitized top to bottom. Classes may be held via Zoom for continuity of education or in person make-ups will be scheduled pending negative test and quarantine period expiration for your dancer.
- In the event that we are required to close in-person classes per the state government or CDC guidelines, we will continue to offer online Zoom classes for all recreational and company classes. Details will be provided should this alternative class method be required at any point throughout the studio dance year.
- In the event we are unable to have a live in-person recital per event regulations from the state government or CDC, we will still have a virtual recital. Details will be provided should this alternative option take place.
- Once recital costumes are purchased, they are non-refundable for any reason.
- Our regular tuition policies will remain in place in the event of classes moving to the zoom format.
A $25 Enrollment, Registration & COVID Safety fee will be charged to every dancer enrolling at BPDS for the 2020/2021 season.
This fee includes:
· Administrative costs of the registration per dancer at BPDS.
· Additional health & safety measures in place due to COVID-19 to protect all staff, faculty, students and their families including sanitation stations, medical-grade safe cleaning products for all common spaces & dance areas, as well as additional staff to ensure consistent sanitation of the studio on an hourly basis and safe pick-up and drop-off processes to keep your family safe