Here, you'll find an overview of our general studio policies including cancellations, placement, attendance, rules, eligibility and more.
General Rules and Regulations
- All studio communication is done via email. In order to ensure you are in the know of the latest information you must provide an accurate and up to date email address that you check and read often. You can reach our front office via phone by calling (508) 567-1462. messages will be returned within 24hrs during our normal business hours. Studio reminders and snow cancellations will also be sent to you through our studio's text message system.
- Breaking Pointe Dance Studio, INC (BPDS) is not liable for personal injury, loss or damage of any personal property. Every student is responsible to inform their teacher andthe front desk of any injury or limitations they may have that could prevent them from participating fully in class. Our student’s health and safety is our first priority.
- Please see our COVID policies document for our new pick up and drop off procedures.
- Dress code will be implemented in every class.
- No Cell Phones. All cell phones must be turned off and left at the front desk.
- No Gum, candy, or food allowed during class or on the dance floor.
- No outside street shoes allowed on the dance floor.
- Breaking Pointe Dance Studio, INC is entitled to use videography and photography throughout the year. Pictures/videos may be used for advertising or other events.
- Please check studio bulletin board, website, and studio newsletter for any upcoming events and information.
- Class schedules, faculty, and performance dates are subject to change. Notice will always be posted in the studio and emailed home.
- When a student enrolls they are considered to be enrolling for the entirety of our season from September – June.
- If a student doesn’t show up for class for 2 months and or the student’s account is 2 months behind this students spot will be made available for another dancer.
- The Owner/Director has the right to dismiss a dancer at anytime they feel their behavior or parent’s behavior is not in keeping with BPDS' philosophy and policies.
- A $25 Enrollment, Registration & COVID Safety fee will be charged to every dancer who enrolls for the 2021/2022 season. This fee includes:
· Administrative costs of the registration per dancer at BPDS.
· Additional health & safety measures in place due to COVID-19 to protect all staff, faculty, students and their families including sanitation stations, medical-grade safe cleaning products for all common spaces & dance areas, as well as additional staff to ensure consistent sanitation of the studio on an hourly basis and safe pick-up and drop-off processes to keep your family safe
- If necessary to cancel a student’s enrollment early, a withdrawal email must be submitted before the 1stof the month that the dancer will no longer be participating. Otherwise payment of full tuition will be required.
- If you choose to withdraw your dancer from BPDS and fail to inform the front desk in writing your Account will continue to be charged.
- Failure to settle all outstanding balances will be brought to a collections agent. In addition to late fees, a fee equal to 25% of the total balance due will be added to the outstanding balance.
- If you choose to have your dancer withdraw from a class you will be responsible for the remainder of the tuition for that month.
- We will be accepting cash, check or Venmo payments at this time.
- Venmo account info: Amanda Bento @BPDSinc.
Cancellations due to weather will be announced on the studio website, Facebook and instagram page. Please check these websites 1 hour prior to your dancers 1st class.
Please visit www.breakingpointedancestudio.com.
We may not always cancel classes when school does.
Classes, Placement and Levels of students
A minimum number of students are required to hold a class. If a class does not have the appropriate number of students one week prior to when classes begin that class will be canceled.
Students are placed in appropriate classes according to age, experience, and skill level. Dance classes are not always the same as grade levels in school. There is an end of the year evaluation given for the benefit of each student; this is based on the expertise of our faculty. The dancers best interest is always in mind. A student may not always move to the next level, or stay at the same level each year.
It is the responsibility of you to ensure that your child attends every class. If you will be late or will be missing class for a legitimate reason, please contact the studio ahead of time to notify us. There are no refunds given for missed classes. Missed classes may be made up within the same age level during the regular season (September-June), permitted there is space in a class while keeping within the recommended state guidelines for amount of children in a class room. Please see the front desk to see which class would be appropriate for the make-up lesson. Please be sure your dancer arrives on time for class and pick your child up promptly after their class is dismissed.